You already protect your family with a health insurance plan, but what about Fido and Fluffy? Aren’t they part of your family, too?
Most people would say yes. We tend to view our pets as not just animals who live with us, but important and valued members of our families. Now, with pet insurance, you can offer your cherished best friend the protection they deserve.
Pet insurance offers many benefits, including:
- plans cover unexpected injuries and all types of illnesses
- less worry about financial strain, so that you can focus on choosing the best veterinary care for your pet
- you can choose any licensed veterinary practice or emergency hospital
- specialist care is covered
- receive up to 100 percent reimbursement for vet bills, with unlimited coverage
- plans are flexible, allowing you to customize your annual deductible and reimbursement package
- the average pet insurance plan costs less than $1.50 per day, making it a great value for managing the responsibility of owning a pet
Pet insurance does work a bit differently from “human insurance”. Rather than being confined to a particular network of doctors, you choose your own veterinarian. When an accident or illness occurs, you are responsible for paying the bills initially. You then submit the bills to your pet insurance provider, and receive reimbursement for expenses. You can actually receive your checks electronically, so there’s no waiting on the snail mail to arrive!
One unexpected accident or serious illness often leaves pet owners with a difficult decision: Can I really afford to spend this much money on my pet? We all want to say yes to expensive treatments, but practicality and our budgets often prevent that. The biggest benefit of pet insurance is knowing that you can say “yes” to the treatment your pet needs.
Click here to learn more about protecting your furry friend.